January 21 , 2019
The National Association of Schools of Music, a not-for-profit specialized accrediting association founded in 1924, headquartered in Reston, VA, is seeking a full-time (9-5, M-F) staff member. This employee will hold consistent responsibilities and duties with and among all organizations and operating entities managed by the National Office for Arts Accreditation.
The Association employs fourteen staff members in a non-smoking, studious, quiet, and busy office. Attire is business professional. The National Office is within walking distance of the Metro.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and maintain the evaluative and consultative report submission and dissemination process.
- Manage and maintain on a daily basis the organization, processing, and filing of evaluative and consultative reports.
- Prepare and format documents and correspondence; proofread and edit various texts.
- Read, review, study, and consider accreditation materials.
- Provide assistance to individuals seeking information about Association work.
- Assist in the work of the accreditation Commissions.
Unwavering integrity; disciplined dedication; deep intelligence and a keen intellect; desire to serve and contribute; cordial, welcoming, and respectful demeanor; curiosity and a passion for learning; superior judgement and problem-solving ability; ability to maintain information as confidential.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and work with and in complex systems
- Exceptional organizational abilities
- Advanced formatting, editing, and proofreading skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills; patient and instructional manner
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work successfully both independently and in teams
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office, FileMaker, Adobe Acrobat, and Mac operating systems
An undergraduate degree in fine or performing arts is required. A graduate degree in fine or performing arts is preferred. At least 3 years of post-collegiate professional experience is required.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes selected paid holidays; paid vacation; health, dental, vision, and disability insurance (as eligible); employer-sponsored 403(b) savings plan.
To be considered for this position, please email the documents outlined below in one PDF-formatted file using your full name as the file name to NASMAAR2019@gmail.com. Please include AA-R in the email’s subject line.
- A formal cover letter which 1) describes in detail your capacity to address duties and responsibilities noted above; and 2) documents your attributes and skills.
- A resume outlining your educational experience including degree(s) earned, and your professional experience including names of employers and dates of employment. Please include 3-5 professional references.
- Two recent one-page writing samples which demonstrate your written and verbal communication skills.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.