The National Association of Schools of Dance, a not-for-profit specialized accrediting association founded in 1981, headquartered in Reston, VA, is seeking a full-time (9-5, M-F) staff member. This employee will hold consistent responsibilities and duties with and among all organizations and operating entities managed by the National Office for Arts Accreditation, including the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD), the National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST), the National Association of Schools of Dance (NASD), and the Accrediting Commission for Community and Precollegiate Arts Schools (ACCPAS).
The Association employs fourteen staff members in a non-smoking, studious, quiet, and busy office environment. Attire is business professional/business casual as informed by the nature of daily work. The National Office is within walking distance of the Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Assist the Management Director as assigned with daily responsibilities associated with the work of the National Office and its constituent organizations, including but not limited to:
- Design as necessary, and maintain office systems, including but not limited to receiving and processing information; populating databases and spreadsheets; preparing and providing reports; and filing and archiving of information
- Create, edit, and proofread text, documents, publications, and correspondence as assigned
- Maintain accounts receivable and e-commerce activities
- Maintain Annual Meeting processes, including but not limited to registration and meeting app
- Maintain the office proper, including the operation of office facilities and equipment
- Provide assistance to individuals seeking information about the work of the Associations
Unwavering integrity; disciplined dedication; deep intelligence and a keen intellect; desire to serve and contribute; cordial, welcoming, and respectful demeanor; curiosity and a passion for learning; superior judgment and problem-solving ability; ability to maintain confidentiality; and awareness and avoidance of situations which could result in the creation of conflicts of interest or the appearance thereof.
- Excellent customer service skills; patient and instructional manner
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and work with and in complex systems
- Exceptional organizational abilities
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work successfully both independently and in teams
- Ability to use and apply technology and to learn new systems quickly
- Capacity to research topics; review and consider information; present clear, concise, and cogent written distillations of thoughts, ideas, facts, and results
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Box.com, FileMaker, Salesforce, and Mac operating systems
An undergraduate degree is required. Demonstrated writing expertise is required. Study in an arts discipline and post-collegiate professional experience is desirable.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes selected paid holidays; paid vacation; health, dental, vision, and disability insurance (as eligible); employer-sponsored 403(b) and HSA savings plans. Opportunities for advancement are available.
To be considered for this position, please email the documents outlined below in one PDF-formatted file using your full name as the file name to AMDNOAA2023@gmail.com. Please include “AMD2023” in the email’s subject line.
- A formal cover letter which describes in detail your capacity to address duties and responsibilities; and speaks to your attributes and skills.
- A resume outlining your educational experience including degree(s) earned, and your professional experience including names of employers and dates of employment. Please include 3-5 professional references.
- Two one-page writing samples which demonstrate your communication skills.
Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
The position is open at this time and is anticipated to be filled at the completion of the interview process.