Due Annually by July 1
Each year (beginning in 2011) on or about June 1, NASD informs accredited institutional members of their responsibility to submit an Affirmation Statement. This three-page questionnaire requests information intended to provide assurance that all curricular programs under the purview of NASD and meeting NASD listing requirements have been or will be submitted for review and approval, and that substantive changes past, current, or projected have been or will be submitted for review and approval. Affirmation statements are an important part of the system for documenting continuing compliance with NASD standards.
The Affirmation Statement:
- Verifies that all curricular programs under the purview of NASD, thus meeting NASD eligibility requirements for review and/or listing (a) have been approved or (b) have been or will be submitted for review.
- Verifies that all substantive changes eligible for review that are past, current, or projected (a) have been approved or (b) have been or will be submitted for review.
- Verifies that all submissions for review and approval indicated in items 1. and 2. above will be forwarded to NASD in a manner and on a schedule consistent with the rules and guidelines of NASD.
- Verifies continuing compliance with NASD accreditation standards or reports changes that would affect or otherwise require a review for compliance with NASD accreditation standards.
- Is required annually of all accredited NASD member institutions.
Notifications regarding new or current curricula or substantive change on the Affirmation Statement are not substitutes for any required applications for Plan Approval or Substantive Change.
Affirmation Statements must be completed, signed, and returned to the National Office no later than July 1 of each year. Failure to submit the Affirmation Statement will initiate a Commission review (see NASD Handbook, Bylaws, Article I., Section 3.; Rules of Practice and Procedure, Part II., Article III., Section 1.C.).
Questions about the Affirmation Statement should be directed to Jenny Kuhlmann at the NASD National Office at 703-437-0700, extension 112, or by email at email@example.com.
Affirmation Statement Questionnaire(s) (PDF):
If requested by the NASD Commission to submit the previous year’s Affirmation Statement, you may access the 2015 Affirmation Statement Questionnaire, 2014 Affirmation Statement Questionnaire, or the 2013 Affirmation Statement Questionnaire.