Contact with the Board of Directors should be made through the NASD National Office.
The Board of Directors is composed of the Officers, the Chair of the Commission on Accreditation, two Public Members, and four directors, together with the Immediate Past President. With the exception of Public Members, the Board is appropriately balanced to represent a variety of dance backgrounds and perspectives. The Executive Director is an ex officio, non-voting member of the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors shall:
- Exercise the various responsibilities of the Board as stipulated in the Bylaws.
- Have control and over all management of the affairs, funds, and properties of the Association not otherwise provided for.
- Review the annual report of the Association’s financial position as prepared by the Association’s official auditors.
- Establish Association dues and fees.
- Establish and revise Part I of the Rules of Practice and Procedure in the NASD Handbook following consultation with accredited institutional members.
- Address the needs of the membership, recognizing the diversity as well as the common basic purposes of all member institutions.
- Review and, as appropriate, act on proposals presented by any ad hoc committees established by the Board to address issues that the Bylaws indicate are under the authority of the Board.
NASD Board of Directors 2018-2019:
Sharon Story, President (2021)
Atlanta Ballet Centre for Dance Education
Larry Attaway, Vice President (2021)
Janice H. Roberts, Treasurer (2020)
Saint Olaf College
Susan Van Pelt Petry, Secretary (2019)
The Ohio State University
Mary Lisa Burns, Chair, Commission on Accreditation (2021)
New World School of the Arts
Jory Hancock, Immediate Past President (2021)
University of Arizona
Nora Ambrosio, Member (2021)
Slippery Rock University
Cornelius Carter, Member (2020)
University of Alabama
Tauna Hunter, Member (2020)
Karen P. Moynahan, Executive Director, ex officio